Saturday 6 September 2008

Little Things


Must have woken up in a philisophical mood this morning. Starting my day by unloading the dishwasher I noticed that the cutlery was really shiny and it made me feel happy. This new dishwasher is great - we didn't realise how badly our old one was working until this one arrived. Anyhow this lead me to thinking how it really is the little things that count in life. The small gesture of friendship or kindness that makes all the difference. Being in a relationship for 20 years I know that we will argue about small things - drives George mad that I forget to secure the gates at the top so they get blown about in the wind, or that I can never manage to hang up the car keys and then get cross with him that I can't find them. (I'm sure there are many more things he'd like to add to this list but it's my blog so he can't!). I get annoyed that he nevers sees the things that need putting away or finishes any job he starts. But that's probably the reason we're still together - when it comes to a big problem or issue we don't argue we support each other and work it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment